Click here for a list of child saints through the centuries.
VATICAN CITY – On June 14, Pope Francis received Cardinal Angelo Amato, sdb, Prefect of the Congregation for the Causes of Saints in a private audience. In the course of the audience, the Holy Father authorized the Congregation to promulgate decrees regarding:
– the martyrdom of the Servants of God JOSÉ ÁLVAREZ-BENAVIDES DE LA TORRE, priest of the diocese of Almería, and 114 COMPANIONS, priests. consecrated persons and laypersons killed in odium fidei between 1936 and 1939 in the religious persecution during the Spanish Civil War;
– the heroic virtues of the Servant of God ANTONÍN CYRIL STOJAN, archbishop of Olomouc; born on 22 May 1851 in Beňov, Přerov (Czech Republic) and died on 29 September 1923 in Olomouc (Czech Republic);
– the heroic virtues of the Servant of God VICENTE GARRIDO PASTOR, priest of the archdiocese of Valencia and founder of the Secular Institute of the Workers of the Cross; born on 12 November 1896 in Valencia (Spain) and died there on 16 April 1975;
– the heroic virtues of the Servant of God JOSÉ BARDOMIANO DE JESÚS GUZMÁN FIGUEROA (in religion: PABLO MARÍA), professed priest of the Missionaries of the Holy Spirit and founder of the Eucharistic Missionaries of the Most Holy Trinity ; born on 25 September 1897 in Cuanamuco, Moroléon, Guanajuato (Mexico) and died on 17 February 1967 in Mexico City (Mexico);
– the heroic virtues of the Servant of God FILIPPO LO VERDE (in religion: LUIGI), professed cleric of the Order of Friars Minor Conventuals; born on 20 December 1910 in Tebourba, Aryanah (Tunisia) and died on 12 February 1932 in Palermo (Italy);
– the heroic virtues of the Servant of God BERNARDO VAZ LOBO TEIXEIRA DE VASCONCELOS (in religion: BERNARDO OF THE ANNUNCIATION), professed cleric of the Order of Saint Benedict (Annunciation Congregation); born on 07 July 1902 in São Romão do Corgo, Braga (Portugal) and died on 04 July 1932 in Foz do Douro, Porto (Portugal);
– the heroic virtues of the Servant of God JOSEFA OLIVER MOLINA (in religion: MARÍA ELISEA), founder of the Congregation of the Sisters of the Virgin of Mount Carmel; born on 09 July 1869 in Benidoleig, Alicante (Spain) and died on 17 December 1931 in Orihuela, Alicante (Spain); and,
– the heroic virtues of the Servant of God MARÍA DE JESÚS GUÍZAR BARRAGÁN (in religion: MARÍA OF THE MERCIFUL LOVE OF JESUS), founder of the Guadalupan Handmaids of Christ the Priest; born on 11 November 1899 in Cotija, Michoacan (Mexico) and died on 06 January 1973 in Tulpetlac, Estado de México (Mexico) .