On 16 June 2017, the Holy Father Francis received in audience His Eminence Cardinal Angelo Amato, S.D.B., prefect of the Congregation for the Causes of Saints.
During the audience, the Holy Father authorized the Congregation for the Causes of Saints to promulgate the following decrees:
– the martyrdom of the Venerable Servant of God Teresio Olivelli, layperson (NOTE: Pictured above); killed in hatred of the faith on 17 January 1945; (Here is the Wikipedia article on him.)
– the heroic virtues of the Servant of God António José De Sousa Barroso, bishop of Porto; born 5 November 1854 and died on 31 August 1918;
– the heroic virtues of the Servant of God José de Jesus López y González, bishop of Aguas Calientes and Founder of the Congregation of the Catholic Sisters Teachers of the Sacred Heart of Jesus; born on 16 October 1872 and died on 11 November 1950;
– the heroic virtues of the Servant of God, Agostino Ernesto Castrillo, bishop of San Marco Argentano-Bisignano, of the Order of Friars Minor; born on 18 February 1904 and died on 16 October, 1955;
– the heroic virtues of the Servant of God Giacomo da Balduina (né Benjamin Filon), professed priest of the Order of Friars Minor Capuchin; born on 2 August 1900 and died on 21 July 1948;
– the heroic virtues of the Servant of God, Mary of Angels (née Giuseppa Operti), professed nun of the Order of the Descalced Carmelites and founder of the Carmelite Sisters of St. Teresa of Turin; born on 16 November 1871 and died on 7 October 1949;
– the heroic virtues of the Servant of God Umiltà Patlán Sánchez (née Maria), professed religious sister of the Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate Conception; born 17 March 1895 and died on 17 June 1970.